Auction Procedure - Buyers
Before You Bid
- Have you registered as a buyer?
- Did you take your bidding number?
- Make sure you have the commission plus 14% VAT over and above the purchase price of your purchase (the percentage in commission differs from 6% - 7.5%).
- Take note that there is a confirmation period.
- You will be liable to pay transfer fees and/or VAT.
- Do not hesitate to ask questions or for advice.
- Remember you are legally bound by your bid.
How To Bid
- Register as a bidder. This is compulsory in order to bid.
- AAddress all queries, questions and request for advice before the commencement of the auctions. Please feel free to speak to Vans representatives and the auctioneer on duty.
- Make eye contact with the auctioneer for him / her to acknowledge your bid.
- Call out your bid if necessary and attract the auctioneer's and or floor assistant's attention.
- Remove yourself from the bidding by shaking your head "no" or saying "no" if the auctioneer turns your way.
- Remember, you are legally bound by by your bid.
What Not To Do At An Auction
- Bid if you have no money to make the purchase or have not made proper financial arrangements to purchase.
- Bid if you are not registered as a bidder.
- Bid if you are not fully acquainted with or do not understand all the conditions of sale.
- Be intimidated by other bidders as they may be trying to put you off bidding.
- Be shy to ask questions.
- Hesitate or procrastinate when bidding because you may lose the deal.
- Lose your bidders card. If you do, report it lost immediately.